Monday, October 23, 2006

Spider webs and tako yaki 10/22/06

Normally I'd start this post by talking about our day or our weekend. However, something important has come up. Kana needs to know what a Gummi Bear is. They are chewy artificially flavored and colored bears that come in a bag. The Gummi Bears in this picture came from the local supermarket. Hiroe normally gets them from Starbucks. But it seems that the Starbucks supply chain can't keep up with the demand of her daily purchases. So she had to look elsewhere.













And now, our weekend. On Saturday I woke up with some odd pain in my right elbow. The bad news is the pain, but the good news is that Hiroe insisted I not use that arm. That left everything to her. And I watched a TV movie for the first time in I can't remember how long. It was a Chuck Norris hijacking thing. I didn't see the end. The commercials became too much. Meanwhile, Hiroe made some oishee Tako Yaki for brunch on Sunday in our cool pan from Japan.














































She also worked on decorating for Halloween...












O.K. so those decorations were out before last weekend. And the pumpkin dish has twice been filled and emptied of Lindts Halloween chocolates. And the pumpkin below has been out for about a week now...


















... and this little light thing too. If I had waited a little longer after turning it on to take this picture there would have been bubbles in the glass tube.


















But outside the decorations are new. Hiroe decided to become a spider and string web around the house. I believe the purpose of the web is to catch the candy bags from little trick-or-treating kids.





































Then to finish off the weekend the ignition lock jammed on my truck in the Rainbow foods parking lot and we had to take a cab home. I had it towed this morning. What was interesting is that this guy took my completely immobile truck (stuck in park with the front wheels turned) and loaded it on his truck in less than 15 minutes. 5 minutes under my car and he had disconnected the drive linkage. He could then freely push it where ever he wanted. He then backed his truck under mine because my front wheels were turned. And he never had to get inside my car. So much for factory theft prevention.













Oh, and the problem was fixed by the dealer in about as much time as the tow guy spent loading my truck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home