Thursday, September 21, 2006

An update... 9/20/06

It's been 15 days since the day last described in this blog. The delay is either a result of being so busy that I haven't had much time to post, or that not much new is going on. I'm sure it's the former since we've been eating out more (out and about and hungry) and trying to get all of the things done on a to-do list that doesn't get any shorter.

Hiroe has been very busy with school, but enjoying it all the same. I'm quite jealous of her days - except the studying late thing. New friends, new experiences, all sorts of shiny new buildings at the U to disappear into.













Lately I've been working on more dog-proofing of our house and yard. I built this fence along the alley to eliminate the visual stimuli that always gets Soba barking. She really just wants to play with the dogs and people that she sees, but I think it comes across as a vicious dog barking. I just need to trim and cap the fence posts then stain the thing white to match the adjoining fence, and it will be done. Oh yeah, and do something with that rock pile...












From the inside. The green fence is to keep Soba from hiding under those trees when she knows we're leaving. Crawling in there in my work clothes to get her is never fun.












One last fence to build and I will be done. I plan to make a nice soild gate to replace this board, then add some low fencing continuing to the front of the house. This area will be for Hiroe's garden. Lots of sun and protected from the rabbits and racoons that ate the strawberries, raspberries, sunflowers, and such in the front yard this summer. We just might be able to have great salads and snacks from our own garden next year. :-)


















But my task list is getting longer. The boxes (20, I think) that we shipped from Japan are starting to arrive, 14 of which contain books. I think I'll need to make at least two more bookcases. Our office will quickly become our library...












Also working on a "theme change" in the house. Since we moved in, my favorite picture (the big one in the center... of a scandanavian training sailboat) has been on the mantle.












I had one of my scenery pictures from Hokkaido blown up - and it's ready to frame. For no good reason I set it on the mantle over the sailboat. Hiroe likes what it did to the room (went from a room of despair to a happy, cheerful place). I guess I know where it will eventually be when I get it framed. On the bright side, if I keep changing our decoration themes for the better via photographs, I'm sure she'll continue being supportive of my little photography hobby, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home