Saturday, October 21, 2006

Last weekend I went up to the cabin to get the boat. It had been up there since before we went to Japan. It didn't get much use up there either.
Of course, I had to have some fun on the way up there. As part of my photography classes I am to take a picture with a large depth of field, where everything far and near is in focus. I have some great pictures from Japan that I could use, but due to a nasty hard drive failure I have lost the high resolution versions of them. Hopefully that problem is temporary - as I try to recover the data. Anyway, I decided to try and capture the photo for my class in the fields of Wisconsin. I don't really like the photo below, but Hiroe thought it might be interesting to people in Japan. So here it is: hay bales.













This one is a little more interesting. The fall colors were pretty much done for the year, but there were nice shades of brown and green.













Soba came along on this trip. She always likes the cabin. For me, it's just o.k. bringing her along because she's constantly wandering away and I have to call her back. I don't yet know what would happen if I didn't call her back. That's probably what happened when she ended up at the Humane Society when we first saw her.
But once at the cabin Soba and I set about on the first task - the boat. I told my dad to pick me up at the ramp after about 45 minutes. That would give me a chance to play with the boat for, unfortunately, only the second time this year. The gas in the boat is over a year old now.
Soba rode "shotgun" during the trip, except for the brief time that the treat bag had fallen under my seat and she jumped at the chance to have a snack.












I headed off to an island on the south part of the lake. On this island is an old house that always looks well maintained, but not ever inhabited. I think it would be a nice little retreat.












Then I stopped to shoot some photos of boat houses on the lake. It's not legal to build one now, but maybe 40 years ago it was. So no one wants to take them down since they can not put one back up again in it's place.



























This one was my favorite. Not sure that's I'd want to spend much time inside or keep the boat down below.












On the way back I saw this and kind of laughed. One could make up many stories about what's going on here. Truly a mobile home.












Lastly, there was a nice pumpkin and squash stand on the side of the road on the way home. I always like to see people trusting the honor system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home