Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween decorations 10/29/06

It was a beautiful weekend. Sunny skies. Moderate temperatures (for Minnesota). And some fun...

Friday night we went to a special showing of a new film about the life of a very famous photographer, Diane Arbus. It stars Nicole Kidman and Robert Downey Jr. It won't be out in theaters until mid-November, but we got to see it at the Walker as part of our membership. My understanding is that it won't be in the big theaters either. Here in Minneapolis it will be at the Lagoon. At any rate... highly recommended. I wanted to see it because of Diane's talent in photography. But the movie really didn't focus on that. It was more of an imaginary journey she took from housewife to photographer. And by imaginary, I mean it really didn't happen. But you could imagine that it did. Very well made. Makes you think. Not typical Hollywood.

Today, Sunday, I took the boat down to Hastings to be stored for the winter. Kinda sad, but we didn't use it much, so I guess I won't miss it. On the way I pass a lot of farmer's fields and country roads...























When I got back we decided to go for a walk to check out the local Halloween decorations. I never knew purple was a Haloween color.













Our favorite part of the display below is the witch that crash landed into the window. An oldie, but a goodie.













Another creative one. If I think of it I'll have to photograph some of these displays at night. My guess is that's the best time to enjoy them. These two happy campers had glowing eyes and lit-up body parts.













The great pumpkin.


























Note the ghost in the ground.













Then we came upon the best one. It's on 42nd Ave. The yard and house are overtaken with spider webs.













Check out the spider in the tree.


















I'm not sure, but I think he caught a muppet. No, wait, it's a baby doll upside down.













There is another spider on the house (not shown). They even covered the wall of the business next door with web.


























And then we continued on to our favorite coffee shop for no, not coffee, but hot chocolate and hot apple cider. Very tasty on a fall day. One the way we passed this place. It made me laugh. Click on the picture to view larger...












And finally, our puppies were quite tired when we returned. Gnocchi now has his own bed to sleep in while we're in the office. I think he likes it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home