Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving & more 11/23/06

Today is Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
So I realize it's been a while since I've posted. 13 days actually. It's amazing how fast time goes by and how easily we get sucked into other things, then wonder what happened to the last two weeks.
So what have we been up to? We had a great weekend two weeks ago...
Friday night we went to a party at the Varsity theater in Dinkytown. Then we saw a band at the Terminal Bar in North Minneapolis. The keyboardist for the band is a friend of a friend of ours. It was a nice night.
On Saturday night we went to a neighbor's birthday party at his house. There were easily 70 people there. He had a live band in the garage... good music and dancing.
Sunday night we had a pot-luck dinner at our house. 7 people total (including us). Great food and wonderful company.
Then on Monday night we went to a performance at the James J Hill house in St. Paul.
A great weekend. And I didn't get any pictures. Needless to say, Hiroe was a bit disappointed in me. I know, I know. I should have pictures. But I don't. Beg your pardon.
I have been working on some of my photo projects - mostly focused on lighting. Main lights, fill lights, background lights, hair lights, reflectors, and so on. In most all cases practice is required...



















Tomorrow I plan to get out and get my photo projects done for two units of the class. Maybe I'll post some of the photos to make up for not taking photos for the blog for two weeks.
Tonight we went to my uncle and aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner...












Let's see, there was turkey, green bean casserole, stuffing, raspberry jello, salad, gravy, lovely appetizers, great drinks, and of course desserts... apple pie, pumpkin pie, fudge, cookies and bars topped with melted lindts chocolates.
I'm full. And ready for a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home