Monday, July 10, 2006

a trip to the cabin 7/9/06

I went to Wisconsin this weekend to bring the boat to the cabin. Hiroe stayed home to get some things done around the house.
When I stopped for gas in Woodbury I saw this cool scene. The guy in the green shirt was driving the van. He definately had a theme.








But about the boat... sadly, it's been sitting behind our house since we picked it up from storage in April. I never even had a chance to remove the cover. I decided to bring it to the cabin in case my parents want to use it. When I arrived at the cabin on Saturday, a quick test determined that both batteries were dead. Luckly, one battery took a charge. Later in the evening, we took it for a cruise down the lake. On the way back the low oil alarm continued to remind us that the oil reservoir was almost empty. We made it back, but further use that weekend was canceled until I get some oil. This is a pretty big deviation from years past where the boat was kept in immaculate shape and was used every weekend. Nowadays, we want refuge from the sun rather than to bask in it. Maybe we'll use it more when I have a top made for it. For now... here it sits. Sigh.












Sunday morning I was sitting on the dock and noticed that this cabin on the other side of the lake shows signs of life. Usually it was closed up, only to be visited maybe once a year. My understanding is that years ago a child visiting the cabin was killed in a boating accident. Reminds one that life is precious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home