Sunday, April 16, 2006

expect the unexpected 4/15/06

Today we visited another of the restaurants on our "to do " list. We were in the area of an Old Country Buffet and decided we were hungry enough to go in.

This restaurant was on the list not because it's something you'd recommend to a friend. I probably wouldn't even think to recommend it to an enemy either as it's pretty unremarkable. It was on our list because one day we passed one and Hiroe became curious. I explained the concept. I tried to represent it for what it is. I tried to keep it off the list. But, there it was... on the list.

So we went in. On the good side it's cheap. All you can eat for something like $7.30. However, I was thinking Hiroe would laugh at the food when she saw it. It's typical American food with lots of sauces, nothing original, and growing cold under heat lamps. But to my surprise she really liked it. And for a reason I wouldn't have thought of. She liked it because it's amazingly similar to eating at the state fair! Corn dogs. French fries. Macaroni and cheese. And twist cones too. Everywhere you look. I think just about everything would have worked "on a stick" just as it is at the fair. There are chocolate chip cookies and rice krispy bars. And lots of large people. Just like the fair. So it seems we'll be going back. Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home