Sunday, March 26, 2006

Art Institute 3/25/06

On Saturday we decided to check out a photography exhibition at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. The photographer is Marc Riboud. His series is called 'Photographing the World 1953-2005'. Admittedly, my interest is in learning from successful photographers how to quit your day job and pay the bills with photography. Marc started out as an engineer then studied under some great photographers. Don't know how much success I'll have.



















Part of photography is deciding what message you want to convey in the photo, then finding the right perspective. I took this one at the Art Institute because I thought it was a cool perspective. I didn't have a message. After looking at the photo at home I found the message. It's what the subject is saying, or screaming... "My leg!"



















I liked this scene because of all of the randomly placed park benches. Random benches, random conversation. Waiting for summer.







Our last stop was at Coastal Seafood in South Minneapolis. Here we were able to buy some very delicious Chilean Seabass for dinner. Hiroe picked up some sushi-grade Hamachi. That was our appetizer. WOW... was it good! It was easily better than any sushi restaurant in the cities (I know Minneapolis and good sushi don't necessarily go together). Anyway, the sushi she made was fantastic. Oh, and that's New French Bakery bread Hiroe is eating. Very tasty. It's been fun finding the small specialty shops in the cities that have amazing quality and great prices. Fine chocolate, tea, hot chocolate, ice cream, bread, cheese, seafood... all close by our house.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home