Saturday, January 27, 2007

St. Paul Winter Carnival 1/27/07

Hiroe was working hard at studying today, so I thought I'd go check out the St. Paul Winter Carnival. I didn't really hit it at a peak time. I think that later in the week there are parades, performances, and cold weather related contests. Like snow scultpure competitions. When I was there, many people were still working on their entries.












And others seemed to be finished.















































Maybe it was just the ice sculptures that were finished. I think this person was judging them.


















They were also working on an ice maze. I could probably get some cool photos of these scenes at night, but it's kinda cold outside now, and Soba is currently keeping my feet warm.












One could go for a pony ride.












Or slide down a GIANT SNOW SLIDE. You know, even though we don't have mountians here and we ski on hills, this slide seems really small. They used to have the slide at Como Park and my friends and I would sneak over there at 2 AM and go sliding on it. Until security asked us to leave. "Park's closed guys," is what he said. That was our catch phrase for the next several months.


















Remember to wear warm shoes.












A Minnesota festival just wouldn't be complete without a corn dog stand, no matter what the temperature.












Another Minnesota scene... trying to sell convertibles when it's like -15 celsius outside. Hope it has heated seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home